They’ll have more energy for fun activities
(HealthDay News) — Having the will to exercise can be challenging when you’re the only family member who would rather be active than watching TV.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions to spare children from a “couch potato” lifestyle:
- Exercise lowers the risks of type 2 diabetes, being overweight, and heart attack and stroke.
- Exercise improves energy levels, increasing one’s desire for activities such as camping, biking and hiking.
- Exercise helps improve brain health, which leads to better critical thinking, concentration and learning.
- Exercise fosters a healthier, more positive body image.
- Exercise promotes a healthier family culture of physical activity.
– Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Similar Health Articles: