Follow these safety guidelines and talk to your doctor
(HealthDay News) — Exercise can be an important part of a healthy pregnancy, as long as you take precautions to stay safe.
The American Academy of Family Physicians lists these safety guidelines for exercising during pregnancy:
- Always check with your doctor before you begin exercising during pregnancy.
- Don’t push yourself to the point of pain, excessive fatigue or shortness of breath.
- If you have exercised regularly before pregnancy, you may need to exercise less vigorously.
- If you did not exercise before pregnancy, ease into exercise slowly.
- Stick to low-impact exercises that are easier on your body.
- Avoid contact sports or activities where you may fall; avoid exercises that require you to lie on your back or long periods of standing.
- Stay hydrated and don’t overheat.
Similar Health Articles: